Sunday, August 7, 2011

Winnie the Pooh

It was a rainy and dark morning, so I decided it was a perfect day to take Kate to her first movie!  We had been talking about it as we saw the commercials on TV.  And Kate was collecting stickers on her sticker chart towards this special outing with Mom.   We drove to a huge AMC super theatre in Skokie that was basically empty.  My rookie mistake was letting her pick out a special snack from the concession stand - as opposed to bringing something special from home.  And then being suckered into the larger size popcorn upgrade for free.  Clearly I was thinking with my empty, no lunch pregnant belly and not my head!  Her excitement over the popcorn basically over took her interest in the movie and I was convinced she'd have a stomach ache from eating so much.  I do think she enjoyed the experience.  I was excited to share this grown up first with her and look forward to more mother daughter outings in the months and years to come.

 Outside before the show posing with the movie poster.

 Perched in her seat waiting for the show to start.

Posing for the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment