I went to the doctor today for Luke's 4 month well visit. He checked in as follows:
Weight - 15 lbs 4 oz (just over 50th percentile)
Length - 25 1/4 in (just over 50th percentile)
Head - 43 1/4 cm (just under 75th percentile)
I was reassured this is all good and normal. We mostly discussed his feedings. After only one week on Zantac, I'm noticing some meaningful improvement in ease of feedings and fussiness. He is spitting up significantly less and eating more per feeding. He's dropped one night time feeding too. All good news. He does still cough and choke frequently, so we'll still have the swallow study done to make sure he isn't aspirating his milk. Plus, based on his weight they've upped the dosage of medicine slightly. Dr Chang suggested switching to an AR formula and starting to introduce a spoon. First to chew on, then giving some milk via spoon, and eventually after he turns 5 months cereal and solids. Hard to believe we're already approaching that stage. With Kate I anticipated each milestone with excitement. With Luke I want to freeze time and slow things down . . . ok, I guess if I could skip ahead to the part where they rarely wake up at night and take two PREDICTABLE naps a day that would be a good thing. Here's to living in the moment and enjoying each day. Luke had two shots and an oral vaccine for a total of 5 immunizations. He is resting comfortably now and I am keeping my fingers crossed we don't have a rough night.
Does this look like a baby who is having trouble with his feedings?




No comments:
Post a Comment