I documented Luke's crawling milestone on the blog. Somehow, I forgot to make note of exactly when he started pulling to a standing position consistently on his own- sometime in the last ten days. Now I would say he is also "cruising" along furniture or other surfaces in a standing position and much to my dismay seems to be "climbing"!! Kate was not and is not a climber. To this day, she has not once climbed out of her crib and while she sometimes stands on things she shouldn't (the sofa, the toy bins, the lower level of the coffee table) I do realize at age 3 this could be much much worse. Luke can navigate up a few stairs. He is climbing up onto Kate's Everywhere Chair - all the way to the top of the back of it. He'll climb half way into the toy bin before I rescue him. And, as shown below, he's made a habit of wedging himself into the middle of our coffee table.
For the record, in the interest of Luke's safety Kurt was spotting Luke while I snapped these pictures. But it seems my ability to leave him alone for even a minute is quickly dwindling if not already gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment