Saturday, September 25, 2010

Art

Kate is quite the prolific artist.  It is fun to see her creations but it is especially touching to see her excitement and pride when she brings home a new piece of art to add to our collection.  We've covered the pantry door (front and back), displayed a few in her room, and even put some favorites in a keepsake box but now I am running out of storage ideas.  My mom held on to tons of art projects from my childhood and even no that I have kids I have very little interest in them.  They have more sentimental value to her.  So, I have decided to introduce a new segment to the blog featuring pictures of Kate's art.  We'll still display plenty and save "the best of the best" but for the others we'll do posts on the blog.  Here's a sampling of our current display and some of our favorites that I haven't been able to get rid of yet.

Enjoy!
Some of my favorites from the door are the Olympic rings, the Sears (now Willis) Tower, and the cotton candy.

This was an adorable project she did this summer during their camping unit.


This is a telescope- part of her unit of the five sense.  The glitter is all over my house and car!


This was a collage project.  I love that she picked strawberries given that she will never eat them!

No comments:

Post a Comment