Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Seriously?

While Kate was having a snack after school today we were talking about Thanksgiving.  I don't know how we got there but we were talking about my parents and my brother coming to visit, where she wants to sit for dinner, etc etc.  She then says, "And next will be Christmas!"  I tell her that's correct and ask her who is coming to visit for Christmas.  She tells me it is (and I quote) "my second favorite white boy."  Her favorite boy is Kurt- this I know.  She's never referred to Kurt as "white" though so I'm not sure where this is going.  Her second favorite is usually Luke, but the way she's set me up I'm thinking she's talking about Grandpa (Kurt's Dad) because that was who I was asking about since they are planning to come for Christmas.  Then I wonder if maybe she's talking about Santa Claus.  But she clues me in and says, "Outside.  Made of snow.  Frosty will be here.  Frosty the snowman.  He's my second favorite white boy."  Seriously, Kate, what goes on in that head of yours?  Your silliness  always makes me smile.


Luke is teething really badly.  Monday his gums were bleeding.  He'd been on Motrin for 5 days so we went to doctor to make sure nothing else was going on and she said it was the easiest teething diagnosis she'd ever given.  Tuesday he took three 45 minute naps.  He was fussy and clingy and his nose was running like crazy.   It was a long day.  Tuesday night he was up from 8p-9p, 11p-12a, and 3:30a-4a crying and crying and crying.  He'd pass out in my arms but wake up screaming as soon as I set him down.  He didn't want to eat he just needed comfort.   Kate woke up at 5:45 and we were all up by 6:05am.  I was torn about leaving him with my sitter to go play tennis, especially since all I wanted to do was sleep, but I didn't want to cancel on her and my tennis plans so I went ahead with it.  Wouldn't you know that Luke took a 2.5 hour nap!  I paid my sitter to sit and watch tv (because she had already had a full nights sleep) while Luke slept.  Seriously, Luke, you chose sitter time to take a rock star nap?  It's a good thing you're so cute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment