Tuesday, September 28, 2010

She's got a new style

Last week I took the kids on a walk in the double stroller down to the salon where I get my haircut so I could have my bangs trimmed professionally - rather than the hack job I normally do.  As soon as we got there, Kate was adamant that she needed her haircut and wanted to go see Donna.  She wanted to go straight from there, right away.  Donna is a stylist at Snippets who has cut Kate's hair 3 times but apparently Kate is rather attached.  (Keep in mind she's only had 4 haircuts her whole life.)  Whenever we talk about haircuts Kate will say, "Tim cuts Daddy's hair.  Kailey cuts Mommy's hair.  And Donna cuts Kate's hair."  The only way I could get her to come home was to promise to call Donna for an appointment right away.  I knew it would be a few days before we could get there, but I didn't realize that Donna was no longer there.  When I tried to explain this to Kate, she was crying and all upset.  Imagine the drama- a two year old looses their stylist!  I made an appointment to see Teresa, another stylist, who had come highly recommended by friends.  We went this morning and Kate has the cutest little bob cut!  I was sad to see all the hair on the floor and was worried Kurt would be disappointed, but the cut really freshened up her curls and in time will thicken her hair dramatically.  She looks darling and she really likes it.  I was sold by the explanation that this cut will be best for hat season and by Spring/Summer it should be long enough, and not substantial enough, for pig tails.

No comments:

Post a Comment